Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's Getting Colder...

Currently, weather.com informs me to expect a 60% chance of snow showers tonight. It's November 7th. I'm from Virginia. Snow shouldn't fall until late December.

Although I know I haven't yet experienced the true cold, I'm already scared. I find it almost unbearable to bike home from the library late at night, and gloves are a necessity. At home, I never actually had to experience the cold. I quickly ran from warm place to the next warm place--my home to my car, my car to school, etc. My forays outside were infrequent, short, and bearable. Unfortunately, that's not possible at Dartmouth. I actually have to walk to class (unless I can dupe Safety and Security into transporting me because of my stress-fractured leg). And even though I realize it's only early November, I'm already feeling the cold.

I wonder what January's going to feel like.

No comments:

Post a Comment